Series highlights include:
- Leveled Text Cards written at four different reading levels, 60 cards total
- Lessons and Culminating Activity
- Assessment Tools
- Audio recordings of thematic raps and leveled texts for multimodal support
- Digital Resources including teacher resource materials, primary source images, interactive activities, and text cards
Lessons & Culminating Activity
Integrate literacy skills within the context of the social studies content with the lesson plans provided within the series. Lessons include:
- Strategies for fostering literacy and bridging gaps in content
- Reading, writing, and content-area objectives
- Tiered graphic organizers, including specific ELL connections
- Vocabulary development activities
- Assessments, including formative and
summative evaluation tools
Support and promote twenty-first century skills with the Culminating Activity. Student projects incorporate creativity, innovation, critical thinking, and problem solving while being immersed in communication and collaboration.
Leveled Text Cards
Use high-interest, differentiated text cards written at four distinct levels to facilitate the differentiation process. Every lesson has four cards (60 cards total) written at four different reading levels, but all the levels remain strong in presenting the social studies content and vocabulary.
Each lesson contains assessments for evaluating how well students have met the objectives of the lessons. The assessment activities help pinpoint areas in which students did not grasp the concepts of the lesson. The form of this assessment varies from lesson to lesson. A multiple-choice quiz is provided for each lesson.
The final Culminating Activity allows students to use what they have learned in a project-based assignment.
Each lesson begins with a content-based rap to spark students' interest in the topic.
- Thematic raps
- Text Cards in PDF and editable Word® files
- Tiered graphic organizers for on-grade, below-grade, and above-grade-level students for each lesson
- One Interactive Whiteboard Activity for each lesson