- Latin America
We are a fast paced, ambitious and energetic team looking for some new talent in our international sales team. We are a company with a lot of opportunities for growth.
We are one of the leading educational publishing companies in the country with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. There are opportunities to work in all departments and build ideas from the ground up.
We are looking for a people person, leader and ambitious candidate. We are a privately owned company. For more information, please visit us online at www.tcmpub.com
Essential duties / Responsibilities: We are looking for someone who can dive into projects and find ways to get things done. An applicant must possess and fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Drive international sales through prospecting new customers; building new strategic partnerships and relationships with school districts world-wide.
- Take action to improve one's own knowledge and skills.
- Build an understanding of the customer/client needs and expectations within your area of accountability.
- Establish relationships and work effectively with external individuals/parties in order to create opportunities for the Company to meet financial goals.
- Establish relationships and work effectively with internal individuals/parties in order to meet one's own commitments effectively and efficiently.
- Advise and consult with customers/clients on options available to them in order to help them achieve their targets and goals.
- Build and develop relationships with peers and others to exchange feedback on product/service issues, identify and/or solve problems, assess needs, and/or achieve business results.
- Confirm your understanding of customers business needs, issues faced and opportunities with various customer buyers in order to develop viable solutions.
- Solve issues that arise during execution in order to eliminate barriers.
- Coordinate implementation of agreed upon activities (e.g., trade shows, product training, regional workshops) within geographical responsibility in order to execute plan.
- Open to help out in every department - cross-functional personality is critical to international's success.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Related Work Experience: 5+ years in professional sales experience working with high level decision makers.
- Self-Motivated: Must be able to uncover new opportunities via company leads, country research, drive to uncover new, untapped markets.
- Highly organized
- Technical Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access is a plus); Salesforce.com; Internet search skills - ability to find, decipher and research potential leads, web-ex presentation, Skype calls
- Strong proofreading skills: ability to communicate in a variety of different methods based on culture, preference, skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills - a positive and go-getter personality!
- Bi-lingual is a plus - not required!
- Problem Solver
- Frequent travel by airplane and automobile.
- Sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs. when traveling and/ or carrying materials to and from sales meetings and destinations.
- Repetitive hand and wrist movements from frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Home office; frequent traveling.
Teacher Created Materials (TCM) is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran. This policy of non-discrimination and affirmative action applies to all levels of employment and to all employment practices, including (but not limited to) compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, educational, training, recreational and social activities.
Return to main Careers page