Balanced Literacy is a comprehensive approach to language arts instruction that encompasses all elements needed for students to master reading, writing, and oral communication skills. Teacher Created Materials offers a suite of flexible resources and professional development options to help you successfully implement the Balanced Literacy model.
Our goal is your goal: effective teaching and student achievement!
Each element of Balanced Literacy is supported by a variety of our resources.
Special offer on professional resources below!
- Assessment tools are included in each product to drive instruction.
- Engaging and purposeful digital support is provided, including interactive eBooks!
Professional Development Resources
Save 25% on these resources. Enter order code B17BLR at checkout. Offer valid through 5/15/17.
Professional Development Options
We offer a wide variety of professional development options and formats to support your Balanced Literacy model, making planning and implementation easy!
Fill out the feedback form below to learn more about our Professional Development options.
Download an overview of training.
- Understand the elements that comprise a comprehensive Balanced Literacy classroom
- Build knowledge in disciplines to increase content-area literacy
- Incorporate rigorous guided reading instruction with increased text complexity
- Learn high-yield instructional strategies for implementing all components
- Use standards to design grade-level frameworks
- Formulate balanced assessments that align to each component
- Develop close reading strategies during Guided Reading, Modeled Reading, and Shared Reading instruction
- Foster the reciprocal connection between reading and writing instruction
- Develop methods for building text sets for successful classroom implementation
- Deeply conceptualize and build capacity in each component
- Learn instructional strategies to create purposeful strategic readers in the classroom
- Work in grade-level teams to develop Balanced Literacy frameworks
- Plan appropriate reading and writing instruction that incorporates the understanding of writing from sources across multiple genres
- Build balanced assessments and the importance of analysis for informed rigorous literacy instruction
- Develop text sets to integrate content-area learning while building knowledge of disciplines
- Investigate strategies to incorporate technology