5 Proven Ways to Integrate Technology into the Classroom
We all know the important role technology plays in our students’ current and future lives.
It’s essential for them to be competitive in the 21st century. Despite the fact that many students have been around technology since day one, they are constantly exposed to new high-end tech environments, tools, and obstacles that challenge their prior experiences and influence their thinking as they progress into the future.
Here are 5 proven ways to integrate technology into the classroom today:
- Use tablets to record reading exercises to enhance fluency practice.
- Set up Google Docs with your classroom to promote teamwork and collaborative, creative projects.
- Start a unique class blog to promote creativity and build strategic writing skills.
- Record helpful podcasts on tough subjects so that students can access teacher help when needed and wherever they are.
- Host a career day using Skype video conferencing to connect with guests outside of the classroom.
Each year students become exposed to new technology at increasingly younger ages. Advanced technology and practices are here to stay, and we as educators must welcome technology into the classroom with open arms. In that way, our students can blossom in the beautiful digital world they were born into.