Teaching Kids to Pause, Cope, and Connect
Lessons for Social Emotional Learning and Mindfulness ebook
Grade 3-and Up
Ages 7-and Up
Page Count 198
Students today face many challenges that did not exist a generation or two ago, and rates of emotional disorders (including anxiety and depression) have increased steadily over the years. Students must also manage an overwhelming amount of information. With today’s reliance on technology and social media, they have fewer opportunities to develop effective self-regulation strategies and interpersonal and stress management skills.
Helping students understand their emotions and behavior when they’re young will set them on a path to being successful learners and empathetic people throughout their lives. With thirty easy-to-implement, skill-based lessons and activities, Teaching Kids to Pause, Cope, and Connect provides educators with strategies to help students:
- manage and reduce their anxiety with healthy coping skills
- understand and regulate physical responses to stress
- separate emotions from actions
- respond mindfully (rather than impulsively) to difficult situations
- improve social skills, social awareness, and self-regulation
- develop empathy and compassion
In this section you can find reviews from our customers, or you can add your own review for this particular product.
Customer reviews help other visitors to read feedback from users who have already purchased and are using TCM’s products.