What's the Big Deal About Addictions?
Answers and Help for Teens ebook
Page Count 168
From drugs and alcohol to pervasive use of electronic devices, more teens are exhibiting addictive behaviors. What’s the Big Deal About Addictions? provides teens with lecture-free, reliable, and factual information about a range of addictions, from drugs and alcohol to electronic devices, social media, and other addictive activities, such as pornography, eating, gambling, and sex, among others.
A practicing psychologist and a certified substance abuse counselor, Dr. Crist shares advice for teens who are having serious troubles with addiction and for teens with casual levels of use who may be concerned about their use. With teen stories and quotes included, What’s the Big Deal About Addictions? speaks directly to teens about the real-life struggles with casual use and addictions they’re seeing and experiencing among peers in school and in the broader community.
Packed full of information to help teens make informed decisions, What’s the Big Deal About Addictions? covers:
- The difference between casual use and addictive use, and the consequences of using
- The types of addictions, addictive behavior, and the risks associated with each
- How to overcome an addiction and the types of treatments available
- How to know and accept when recovering from addiction may require giving up certain friendships
- Tips for preventing relapse or developing a secondary addiction
Additional resources for help and information are provided at the back of the book.
In this section you can find reviews from our customers, or you can add your own review for this particular product.
Customer reviews help other visitors to read feedback from users who have already purchased and are using TCM’s products.