Students will explore the heroic life of Harriet Tubman, the courageous woman who helped free other slaves. With the Harriet Tubman: Leading Others to Liberty e-Book, students will examine her life, from her early days born into slavery to her brave efforts as the first female conductor for the Underground Railroad. Breathe life into the pages of history with primary source documents that offer significant clues on what Harriet Tubman's life must have been like during the 1800s.
- Students will build content knowledge across geography, history, and other social studies strands
- Content can be leveled for a variety of learning styles, as well as below-level, above-level, and English language learners
- This reader contains text features, including captions, bold print, glossary, and index to increase comprehension and academic vocabulary
- A "Your Turn!" activity continues to challenge students as they extend their learning
- This text aligns to state standards and readies students for college and career readiness