Students will gain a deeper understanding of the exploration team that headed west to explore new territories. With Lewis & Clark, this nonfiction reader focuses on the treacherous trek, including Sacagawea's contributions to the journey, and challenges the Corps of Discovery encountered. Breathe life into the pages of history with primary source documents that offer significant clues on what life might have been like for those explorers discovering new lands during the 1800s.
- Students will build content knowledge across geography, history, and other social studies strands
- Content can be leveled for a variety of learning styles, as well as below-level, above-level, and English language learners
- This reader contains text features, including captions, bold print, glossary, and index to increase comprehension and academic vocabulary
- A "Your Turn!" activity continues to challenge students as they extend their learning
- This text aligns to state standards and readies students for college and career readiness