Students will learn more about the Lakota chief who fought to defend "Lakota virtues" with this intriguing nonfiction reader. With the Sitting Bull: Eagles Cannot Be Crows e-Book, students will examine the life of Sitting Bull, from his early days as Jumping Badger to his leadership during the Battle of Little Bighorn. Breathe life into the pages of history with primary source documents that offer significant clues on what life might be have been like for Plains Indians in the 1800s.
- Students will build content knowledge across geography, history, and other social studies strands
- Content can be leveled for a variety of learning styles, as well as below-level, above-level, and English language learners
- This reader contains text features, including captions, bold print, glossary, and index to increase comprehension and academic vocabulary
- A "Your Turn!" activity continues to challenge students as they extend their learning
- This text aligns to state standards and readies students for college and career readiness