With The Civil War: Brother Against Brother, students will examine some of the events that caused the Civil War. This engaging nonfiction reader explores some of the main issues that divided the nation, major battles of the war including Bull Run and Shiloh, Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, and more. Breathe life into the pages of history with primary source documents that offer significant clues on what life might have been like during this turbulent time in American history.
- Students will build content knowledge across geography, history, and other social studies strands
- Content can be leveled for a variety of learning styles, as well as below-level, above-level, and English language learners
- This reader contains text features, including captions, bold print, glossary, and index to increase comprehension and academic vocabulary
- A "Your Turn!" activity continues to challenge students as they extend their learning
- This text aligns to state standards and readies students for college and career readiness