Discover what life was like in ancient civilizations and explore key historical events with the You Are There! series. Developed by one of the leading experts in reading research-Timothy Rasinksi-this 9-book set of nonfiction readers provides strategies to teach nonfiction
content and boost student reading skills.
Students will be engaged by the intriguing historical content of these informational texts that are purposely leveled to increase fluency and comprehension. The active, hands-on activities will engage different learner types. Aligned with Common Core State Standards, these texts connect with McREL and WIDA/TESOL standards. The complex and rigorous content will prepare middle school students for college and career readiness.
Nonfiction reader titles included in this set:
- You Are There! Ancient Greece 432 BC
- You Are There! Ancient China 305 BC
- You Are There! Ancient Egypt 1336 BC
- You Are There! Pompeii 79
- You Are There! London 1666
- You Are There! San Francisco 1906
- You Are There! Gettysburg, July 1-3, 1863
- You Are There! Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941
- You Are There! March on Washington, August 28, 1963