Innovaciones del siglo XIX: Abrir el camino (19th Century Innovations: Paving the Way) 6-Pack
- Grade: 5
- Lexile: 700L
- Guided Reading Level: T
- Item: 111616
- ISBN: 9780743915274
- Language: Spanish
Ignite a curiosity about U.S. history through primary sources such as maps, letters, images, and photographs. This Spanish book will help English language learners achieve social studies literacy.
Learn about the 19th-century inventions that accelerated growth and change in the United States. Students will explore innovations such as canal and lock systems, steamboats, telegraphs, locomotives, and other advances that increased commerce and communication. Features include:
- Build content-area knowledge across multiple social studies disciplines
- Text features such as a glossary, index, captions, sidebars, and table of contents increase comprehension and build academic vocabulary
- Code It! culminating activity challenges students to write a letter in Morse code
- Your Turn! activity challenges students to create an advertisement for a 19th century invention
- Read and Respond provides post-reading questions that develop critical thinking
This 6-Pack includes six copies of this title and a content-area focused lesson plan.