This item is estimated to be available in July 2019. Please contact customer service at 800-858-7339 to pre-order.
Bring history to life by integrating authentic primary sources that stand out against the normal backdrop of textbooks. This series features fact-checked, historically accurate primary sources that provide students with a comprehensive understanding of historical events while saving teachers' valuable prep time. Exploring Primary Sources: Constitution and New Government Kit explores how the U.S. government was formed and examines the historical people, places, and events that have influenced the development of the U.S. government over time.
With a focus on inquiry-based learning and increased rigor, this kit prompts students to naturally begin to use critical thinking to delve deeply into analyzing historical events while considering multiple points of view. The well-organized lessons are easy to implement while meeting standards such as the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS), WIDA/TESOL, McREL, and the C3 Framework.
Exploring Primary Sources: Constitution and New Government Kit includes:
- Eight Primary Source Cards:
- Painting of the Constitutional Convention
- Portrait of John Adams
- Photograph of the Capitol Building
- And more...
- Eight Primary Source Reproductions:
- Magna Carta in Latin
- Monroe Doctrine political cartoon
- Plan of the city of Washington in the territory of Columbia
- And more...
- Teacher's guide including lesson plans, student activities, and document-based assessments
- Digital resources including digital versions of the primary sources, student reproducibles, and more than 50 additional primary sources