- Guide students toward independent reading while exploring core concepts with the included Interactiv-eBooks.
- Benefit student learning in a variety of instructional settings, support English language acquisition, and extend content and literacy learning.
- Includes text-to-audio highlighting, professional audio recordings, interactive activities and response to literature prompts, whiteboard tools, and writing activities for multi-modal instruction and assessment.
- Professional audio recordings for each book serve as a model of fluent reading and support English language learners.
Digital Primary Sources
- Additional digital Primary Sources support the text and encourage inquiry-based learning environments.
- Prepare students for state and national tests that use document-based assessments.
- Provides teacher with background information and activity on the primary source to engage students in the content.
- Primary Source Readers offers multiple opportunities to foster curiosity, study relationships, and reflect on new learning.
- Includes standards-based lessons to serve as bridge between reading and writing and content-area material to enhance cross-curricular learning opportunities.
- Focused lessons on one nonfiction reading skill and one writing skill. Provides lesson plans for each book, activity sheets, multiple-choice quizzes, and document-based assessments for easy teacher implementation.
- Each leveled reader motivates students to want to read with high-interest content and engaging illustrations and photographs.The authentic reading experiences help students develop vocabulary, comprehension, and fluency skills.
- 16-18 titles, 6 copies each, 24-32 pages per book, all designed around primary sources that tell about the subject.
- Build conceptual social studies knowledge with leveled informational texts.
- Books are designed around primary sources to offer key information and support the subject.
- Engages students and extends the reading experience beyond ELA class.
- Helps students develop skills, knowledge, and analytical abilities as they ask questions, think critically, make inferences, and develop reasoned explanations.
- Fosters a deeper understanding of events of the past to learn from as they plan and prepare for a better tomorrow.
- Builds literacy and social studies content knowledge with high-interest, appropriately-leveled nonfiction books.
Primary Source Readers Sample Pages
Want to see all the great resources that are included with this product?
This sample includes the following:
- activity pages
- teacher's guide pages
- and more!