With The War of 1812: By the Dawn's Early Light 6-Pack, students will explore the war that inspired our national anthem. This fascinating nonfiction reader will examine the events that led up to the war and what happened afterwards, including Francis Scott Key penning the iconic "The Star-Spangled Banner." Breathe life into the pages of history with primary source documents that offer significant clues of what America was like during the 1800s.
- Students will build content knowledge across geography, history, and other social studies strands
- Content can be leveled for a variety of learning styles, as well as below-level, above-level, and English language learners
- This reader contains text features, including captions, bold print, glossary, and index to increase comprehension and academic vocabulary
- A "Your Turn!" activity continues to challenge students as they extend their learning
- This text aligns to state standards and readies students for college and career readiness