- All components of this product are available and included in digital formats.
- Include tasks for teachers to project or print for easy use in virtual or in-person classes.
- Include vocabulary cards, math anchor charts, and more.
- Six support videos show teachers the content in action and offer quick professional development and modeling.
- Twelve (six for levels K–1, six for levels 2–5) student-facing videos model the processes/practices, as well as the routines.
Encourage students to focus on the process of solving math problems and get them to think like mathematicians. Based on top research in mathematics education, the Teacher's Guide gives teachers the resources to get students talking about math productively while also making math conferences more effective.
- Details how to implement Let's Talk Math in a classroom.
- Provides standards-based lessons with flexible connections to Guided Math that seamlessly fit into whole-class instruction, small-group lessons, and/or workstations, and can be used in conjunction with any curriculum.
- Supports the implementation of routines on the Math Task Teacher Pages, including common misconceptions, language support, scaffolding strategies, and extension tasks.
- Includes observation protocols and monitoring checklists for progress monitoring.
- Provides additional expert tips on how to support English Learners.
Mathematical Practices and Processes Poster
Develop a mathematics environment through colorful definitions of mathematical practices and processes.
- Gives students the tools and opportunities to engage in meaningful, student-to-student math discourse with thinking prompts.
- States mathematical practices/processes in student-friendly language.
Help students talk about mathematical concepts using structured, easy-to-follow routines.
- 120 rich math tasks per grade level in print and digital formats.
- Students collaborate to solve authentic math tasks and become more confident problem-solvers.
- Standards-based and aligned to the six domains of mathematics: counting and cardinality, number and operations in base ten, number operations-fractions, geometry, measurement and data, and operations and algebraic thinking.
Student Task Book
Tasks are included in a full-color, easy-to-use book and provide opportunities for students to reflect and write.
- Includes student reproducibles to reinforce and expand on the three-step problem solving routine.
- This notebook sized student routines booklet also includes student reflection and peer feedback templates.
- Enhances student engagement with animated student videos that explain the mathematical processes/practices and make concepts accessible with engaging examples, printable word wall, and student notebook sized protocols.
- Promotes student-to-student math discourse to verbalize and "hear" their thinking as they develop and expand academic vocabulary.
- Differentiates learning to support all learners, including English learners.
- Engages students as mathematical thinkers to bring math to life with real-world applications.
- Gives students the chance to understand, discuss, reflect, and write about how they solved complex math problems to build math competence.
- Increases social skills, attentive listening, and oral speaking skills through peer interaction.
Let's Talk Math Unboxing Video
Let's Talk Math Sample Pages
This sample includes the following:
- Teacher's Guide Cover (1 page)
- Teacher's Guide Table of Contents (1 page)
- How to Use this Resource Pages (4 pages)
- Sample Lessons, Task Cards, and Student Pages
- Think Using Quantities (4 pages)
- Construct and Critique Arguments (4 pages)
- Mathematize the Situation (4 pages)
- Use Tools Strategically (4 pages)
- Analyze the Structure (4 pages)
- Generalize Your Thinking (4 pages)