Building Fluency through Reader's Theater
Develop students' fluency in reading using engaging scripts, poems, and songs!
This reading series is designed to teach reading, listening, and speaking skills through the performance of lively scripts and focused instruction. Students will improve fluency and comprehension by reading and rereading the engaging scripts which are based on quality literature and a performance-based learning format. The differentiated scripts ensure that students of all reading levels can fully participate.
Provide teachers and students with a change of pace from the regular school day through performance activities that allow all students to participate in the same activity with this series by Teacher Created Materials.
- Differentiated roles allow teachers to accommodate students' individual reading levels by assigning appropriately leveled roles
- All students can participate, engage, and succeed in the same activity, regardless of their current reading ability
- Students will practice interacting cooperatively, reading aloud, and using expressive voices and gestures
- Facilitate whole-class instruction using songs and poems
- Implement accompanying lessons and strategies included in the Teacher's Guide and Teacher Resource CD