- All components of this product are available and included in digital formats, including read-along ebooks, PDFs of student pages, PDFs of books, and audio recordings for books.
- Enhance student engagement with videos to introduce civics topics.
- Extend learning with additional songs, videos, and audio recordings related to civic education.
- Professional Development videos by iCivics build civics knowledge and teacher's confidence.
- Integrate literacy and civic education to help students gain civics knowledge, practice civics skills, and develop civics dispositions with this easy-to-use Management Guide.
- Explores current research and best practices for teaching civics successfully.
- Addresses relevant civics topics while guiding students to become civic-minded members of society.
- Meets state and national standards in literacy and social studies while building 21st century civics skills.
- Teach students the ins and outs of civic education with standards-based lesson plans.
- Integrates literacy and civic education to maximize learning.
- Focuses on critical thinking, thoughtful discussions, and activities that guide students to become civic-minded members of society.
- Topic-driven books help students explore social issues, understand government, make logic-based arguments, and consider different options.
- 10 titles, 6 copies each in print and digital formats.
- Introduces students to current civics issues and events that are relevant to students’ experiences with engaging readers based on current civics topics.
- Grabs student’s attention with embedded fictional stories directly connected to the civics topics.
Civics Game Cards
- Motivate students to participate and positively affect learning with engaging, collaborative game cards.
- 6 decks of civics game cards in each grade level
- Reinforces civics knowledge and skills in fun and collaborative ways.
- Builds literacy and civics knowledge with high-interest books that teach the ins and outs of civics.
- Provides opportunities for students to actively apply learning through varying civic-minded activities.
- Allows students to explore their communities and local, state, and federal government.
- Enhances critical-thinking skills with engaging civic discourse.
iCivics Readers Sample Pages
This sample includes the following:
- Management Guide Cover (1 page)
- Management Guide Table of Contents (1 page)
- How to Use this Resource Pages (10 pages)
- Sample Reader (17 pages)
- Sample Lesson Plan (16 pages)
- Sample Civic Discourse Lesson (1 page)
- Sample Game Cards (6 cards)