Two nations. Two ideologies. One Cold War. From 1947 to 1991, the United States and the Soviet Union engaged in an open rivalry known as the Cold War. This time was a build-up of tensions that defined the two nations for years to come. Breathe life into the pages of history with this primary source reader that focuses on the Cold War Era.
- Build content knowledge across multiple social studies disciplines
- Text features include a Reader's Guide, side bars, table of contents, glossary, and index to increase comprehension and academic vocabulary
- Your Turn! activity extends learning and challenges students to use higher-order thinking skills
- Leveled text accommodates below-level, above-level, and English language learners
- Aligns to state standards and readies students for college and career