The Gifted Teen Survival Guide: Smart, Sharp, and Ready for (Almost) Anything (5th Edition)
Grade 8-and Up
Interest Level 7-and Up
Support the social, emotional, and educational needs of gifted students with the fifth edition of The Gifted Teen Survival Guide, a one-of-a-kind book full of sage advice to help teens understand themselves, relate well with others, and reach their potential in life.
The fifth edition continues to be the ultimate teen guide to thriving in a world that doesn’t always support or understand high ability. Based on surveys from more than 1,400 teens, The Gifted Teen Survival Guide covers the topics that gifted teens want and need to know about. Full of surprising facts, cutting-edge research, revealing quizzes and survey results, step-by-step strategies, inspiring quotes and stories, and insightful expert essays, the guide gives readers the tools they need to appreciate their giftedness as an asset and use it to make the most of who they are.
The fifth edition has been revised to meet the needs of gifted students today, including:
- Updated information about changes in education and in society, such as:
- the thinking about twice-exceptionality and multiple intelligences
- terminology of autism spectrum disorder
- equity in gifted programs and underserved gifted students
- gender and sexuality
- mental health
- New research findings about brain development in gifted teens
- A wealth of additional resources including books, publications, associations, programs, websites, and much more
- Sections on concepts such as mindfulness, meditation, introversion, and intensities
- Exploration into school-related topics, such as online schooling, taking a gap year after high school, going to college, and finding scholarships
- Up-to-date guidelines for socializing online and using social media
Part of Self-Help for Teens®
Free Spirit is the leading publisher of learning tools that support teens’ social and emotional health.
Limited Time Offer
Apply Promo Code: SAVE10 to get 10% discount on all of the products in your Cart on the Families Site.
If your Cart is above $100, apply Promo Code: SAVE20 and receive 20% discount!
In this section you can find reviews from our customers, or you can add your own review for this particular product.
Customer reviews help other visitors to read feedback from users who have already purchased and are using TCM’s products.
April 13, 2021
I have been in Gifted education for almost twenty years from K-12th grades and this is one of my go-to books I recommend to teens who struggle finding their place …