Biddy Mason: Nace una lider (Biddy Mason: Becoming a Leader) 6-Pack for California
Guided Rd. Level T
Biddy Mason's life began as an enslaved person. She had to walk 2000 miles to reach California, but once there, she gained her freedom. She became a successful nurse, midwife, and land owner, and left behind a legacy of caring and charity.
Learn about her inspring life with this primary source biography that integrates literacy and social studies content knowledge. This Spanish book will help English language learners achieve social studies literacy. Features include:
- Text features such as a glossary, index, captions, sidebars, and table of contents increase comprehension and build academic vocabulary
- Stage It! activity challenges students to write a Reader's Theater script about Biddy Mason's fight for freedom in court
- Your Turn! activity challenges students to design a monument for a famous person from their town
- Read and Respond provides post-reading questions that develop critical thinking
This 6-Pack includes six copies of this title and a lesson plan that aligns to California's History-Social Science Content Standards.
- Free Downloads
- Research and Evidence Base
- Reading Levels
- Additional Resources
Correlations to National, State, and Province Standards
In this section you can find reviews from our customers, or you can add your own review for this particular product.
Customer reviews help other visitors to read feedback from users who have already purchased and are using TCM’s products.