Build literacy skills and social studies content-area knowledge while cultivating students' curiosity about the world around them and their connections to it. This non-textbook social studies curriculum offers an integrated ELA approach to specifically address Kentucky content standards for social studies, English language arts, and English language development.
This series features dynamic student texts, creative lesson plans, inquiry-based analysis of primary sources, interactive student engagement, and integrated technology. Seamlessly integrate social studies instruction into the ELA block with everything needed to support instruction and the flexibility of multiple instructional settings. Take the guesswork out of what materials to use with historically accurate content that fully aligns to Kentucky Academic Standards (KAS) for Social Studies.
Exploring Social Studies: Kentucky: Grade 3 Kit includes:
- Prepare students for college, career, and civic life
- Develop critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Facilitate authentic discussions among students
- Inquiry-based learning through discussion questions, document-based assessments, and primary source analysis activities
- Content addresses all social studies disciplines (geography, history, economics, and civics)
- Lesson plans with extension ideas to develop citizenship, civic and democratic values, and encourage public service