Build social studies content-area literacy by integrating dynamic primary sources into the classroom! This comprehensive kit uses original documents, maps, photographs, and other materials to engage students in understanding Chinese culture, symbols, architecture, geography, and more. These authentic resources will capture students' curiosity about the past and build critical thinking as they analyze significant events in the history of China.
Primary Sources: China Kit includes:
- Eight Photograph Cards:
- Archaeological dig of Shang dynasty chariots
- The Great Wall of China
- And more
- Eight Primary Sources:
- Painting of the philosopher Confucius
- Drawings of the Chinese symbols yin yang and the zodiac
- Miniature statue of the Han watchtower
- And more...
- Teacher's Guide including lesson plans, student activities, and document-based assessments
- Digital resources including copies of all photographs and primary sources, student reproducibles, and additional primary sources