Take-Home Backpack: Getting Ready for High School
Preparation for high school is easy as 1-2-3 with our Take-Home Backpacks! Each backpack contains fun, standards-based activities and immersive books to keep children engaged in grade-appropriate content during school breaks. This ensures children retain what they learned and helps bridge the away-from-school gap in instruction.
Our Take-Home Backpack gives caretakers exactly what they need to help their children build skills in high-risk areas like math, reading, and writing, and strengthen the school-home connection with real-world learning alongside family. Featuring fiction and nonfiction titles, these captivating books keep young readers turning the page to find out what's next!
Designed to be caretaker-friendly and family-focused, this easy-to-use collection of resources covers essential educational concepts and skills needed for high school success.
Take-Home Backpack: Grades 8-9 includes:
- High School Family Engagement Guide to support caretaker involvement in activities using simple tips and strategies
- 4 Fiction and Nonfiction Readers to peak children's curiosity in topics thatsupport STEM educationlike history (a favorite of future historians) and cryptography (great for future cybersecurity professionals)
- Kids Learn! Getting Ready for High School to help improve critical and creative thinking skills and encourage social-emotional learning (SEL) at home
- Helps reduce first day anxiety by introducing math and ELA concepts before entering high school
- Provides easy-to-follow tips and strategies for caretaker involvement and making social-emotional learning connections
- Offers manageable and entertaining reading, writing, and mathematics activities children will love
- Includes assessment practice piece to test student knowledge and easily evaluate progress
Get a Demo
Would you like to get a customized walkthrough for this product item? Use the button below and fill the form. We are at your disposal.
- Research and Evidence Base
- Reading Levels
- Additional Resources
Correlations to National, State, and Province Standards
In this section you can find reviews from our customers, or you can add your own review for this particular product.
Customer reviews help other visitors to read feedback from users who have already purchased and are using TCM’s products.