Teaching Gifted Kids in Today's Classroom
Strategies and Techniques Every Teacher Can Use
Trim Size 8.5" x 11"
Page Count 256
This fourth edition of the “orange bible” brings fresh updates to the definitive guide to meeting the learning needs of gifted students in the mixedabilities classroom—seamlessly and effectively with minimal preparation time. Included are practical, classroom-tested strategies and step-by-step instructions for how to use them. The book provides information on:
- Compacting and differentiating skill work and new content
- Extending reading and writing instruction
- Planning curriculum for all students at the same time
- Supporting self-directed independent study
- Supporting curriculum standards and increasing curriculum rigor
- Boosting critical and creative thinking skills
- Using assessments to help students demonstrate what they already know
- Using technology for accelerated learning and to benefit twice-exceptional (2e) students
- Serving gifted kids with special needs
- Managing cluster grouping
Praise for Teaching Gifted Kids in Today's Classroom:
Praise for previous editions:
“This book should be required reading for all teachers before they set foot in the classroom.”—The Gifted Education Association of Reading, Pennsylvania
“A comprehensive manual with excellent strategies and encouragement. Tell your child’s teacher about this book.”—National Association for Gifted Children
“Almost from the day it was published, Susan Winebrenner’s book has become a classic in the field. Moreover, it transcends the relatively small field of gifted child education and has become popular in professional teacher libraries everywhere.”—Gifted Education Communicator
- Free Downloads
- Research and Evidence Base
- Reading Levels
- Additional Resources
In this section you can find reviews from our customers, or you can add your own review for this particular product.
Customer reviews help other visitors to read feedback from users who have already purchased and are using TCM’s products.
June 14, 2021
Teaching Gifted Kids in Today’s Classroom by Susan Winebrenner has been a real help this year as I was assigned Gifted Case Manager the week before school started. The tools and tips are practical and easy to use. I’d say this ... Read More
June 24, 2019
I recently took a class on teaching gifted students and purchased this book. I have been able to present some ideas to teachers to work with those students that need a ‘little more’ than the general education student as well as the students ... Read More
June 24, 2019
I frequently use “Teaching Gifted Kids in Today’s Classroom” and “The Survival Guide for Gifted Kids.” They are both very helpful for ideas and discussions. I highly recommend them!!