Guide students through purposeful, meaningful explorations of rich, complex literature.
Cultivate a love of reading with some of the most beloved literary works including Newbery Medal and Honor titles, timeless classics, and popular children's, tween, and young adult literature. Expand students' literary horizons and spark a love for literature with engaging activities and lessons created to support each title.
These resources incorporate strategies for effective literacy instruction that work together to rigorously guide students through their study of literature.
- Text-dependent questions are used to determine comprehension of the books as well as student interpretation of the vocabulary words
- Close reading is used throughout the units to guide students toward revisiting the text and using textual evidence to respond to prompts orally and in writing
- Students must analyze the story elements in multiple assignments for each section of the book
- Cross-curricular connections to writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and the fine arts
- Reader-response writing and text-dependent questions help prepare for future test-based environments