Differentiation for Gifted Learners
Going Beyond the Basics ebook
Page Count 264
With increasing numbers of students receiving gifted services every year, it’s more important than ever for differentiated instruction to go beyond adjusting content levels, task complexity, or product choice—it must truly challenge and support learners on all levels: academic, social, and emotional. This award-winning resource in the field of gifted education has been revised and updated to include:
- a discussion of underserved learners—particularly English language learners, students with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and economically disadvantaged students
- updated information on learning standards, MTSS, and universal screening
- new guidelines for honors courses
- a focus on scholarly questioning, ethics, and empathy
- a novel new strategy to increase curricular depth and complexity
- information on learning orientations
- new research on neurological differences of gifted learners
- the pros and cons of co-teaching and how to assess its progress
- new tools to increase achievement, plus a discussion of “underlearning”
- the benefits of coaching and lesson study
- the authors’ perspectives on and guidelines for grading
Downloadable digital content includes customizable reproducible forms and a PDF presentation; a free PLC/Book Study Guide for use in professional development is also available.
In this section you can find reviews from our customers, or you can add your own review for this particular product.
Customer reviews help other visitors to read feedback from users who have already purchased and are using TCM’s products.