The ground rumbles beneath your feet, the sky turns black as night, and powerful winds and rain begin to take over. When a natural disaster strikes, take cover and stay out of harm's way because you never know what Earth has in store! Dive into these books to understand how natural disasters effect the world around us. This Spanish-translated 6-book collection combines stories from Fiction Readers and informational text found in TIME FOR KIDS® Nonfiction Readers to introduce students to multiple text types as called for in the Common Core and other state standards. Both the fiction and nonfiction books contain high-interest text, vibrant illustrations and images, age-appropriate text features, and increasingly complex vocabulary.
The titles in this collection include:
- ¡Tornados y huracanes! (Tornadoes and Hurricanes!)
- ¡Volcanes! (Volcanoes!)
- ¡Terremotos! (Earthquakes!)
- Viaje al centro de la Tierra (Journey to the Center of the Earth)
- ¿A dónde se fueron los dinosaurios? (Where Did the Dinosaurs Go?)
- Escapando del Pacaya (Escape from Pacaya)